Gainsborough Vision Statement
Gainsborough School is a co-operative learning community where all achievements are celebrated and valued. Staff facilitate and engage learning through creativity, innovation, effective communication technologies and by harnessing students’ talents and interests. Our children will leave Gainsborough as responsible citizens of the world and as life long learners and thinkers.
Our Gainsborough Keeps are centred around our whole school motto:
“Excellence in everything. Always Striving.”
The Keeps represent the areas in life which we are encouraging our children to continually show excellence in, in order to support them as life-long learners and responsible citizens.
- Keep Safe- Teaching children how to keep themselves and others safe in different areas in life such as online safety and showing safe behaviours.
- Keep Healthy- Teaching children how to keep their bodies and minds healthy. Through social and emotional interventions, sports and healthy eating.
- Keep Connected- Keeping connected with what is happening in the world around us. Encouraging children to share their opinions and have their voice heard through campaigns organised.
- Keep Giving- Working to support others to have their rights met in our community, country and around the world. Supporting different charities and organisation that will enable this.
- Keep Green- To work together to look after our environment, making it a nice place for others to live, go to school or work there.
- Keep Kind- To develop strategies to manage feelings and emotions to promote positive relationships that support learning and development.
When children are rewarded for their learning behaviour, these also link clearly with one of the Keeps. Each half term we focus on one keep as a school and share examples of how we can achieve these on a day to day basis. Stickers are also given to children seen to be exhibiting behaviours that demonstrate our Gainsborough Keeps.